Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't hurt my brother!

Yesterday after school, I had to take Tate to his well-baby check up. He checked out great and the doctor saw his snazzy blue tubes in his ears. His ears looked the best they have ever looked.. I am so thankful that we had the tubes put in! Tate's weight (24 pounds) was in the 70th percentile...his height (30.5 inches) was in the 75th percentile and his head circumference (19.5 inches) was in the 90th percentile. (I think both of my boys have their Daddy's head). I was actually surprised that Tate had fallen out of the 90-95th percentiles for the weight/height...all of his moving has helped him slim down a little! :)

After our check up, Tate had to have shots. He had to have four...two in each leg. Poor Peyton watched it all and stood back, cried, and said, "Don't hurt my brother." I had to comfort both boys after the shots were over. The nurses were so kind...both boys got stickers, suckers, ice cream certificates, and they blew bubbles to help calm everyone down. Peyton will have to have shots in July...that is sure to be a fun day. :( Peyton continued to worry about Tate after we got home. He was worried about his bandaids and if his legs had holes in them. He asked me again this morning if Tate was going to be ok.

I love having two boys that can always be brothers. How sweet to have someone to always look over you and protect you. Peyton is a great big brother.

No comments: