Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tate is two tomorrow!!!!

My baby will turn 2 tomorrow.  Ben, Peyton, and I love our little guy so much.  He is silly and loving all of the time.  He is independent and creative and wants to be just like the big boys in his life.  There are so many little things I love about him.  I love the way his face lights up when he sees me and how he runs as fast as he can to give me a hug. I love the way he turns my face towards him so I can give him a kiss.  I love the way he sticks my hair in his ear when he is tired and wants to snuggle.  I love how he plays with his cows, horses and tractors quietly in his room.  Most of all, I love the joy in his face when he does something correctly...he claps his little hands and waits for all of us to do it with him.  Brothers really are the best of friends and I am so happy I have two little boys....Peyton and Tate have so much fun together.

To celebrate Tate's birthday, Grandma Mary and Joey came for a visit.  We were hoping that Ben and I would be able to go on a date...but it is recruiting season...so that did not happen.  We had a party for Tate and he loved all of his presents.  He got a really cool plasma car from Godparents Pat and Judi.  He got a fishing pole, clothes, and leap frog alphabet game from Grandma.  We saved our presents for him tomorrow...but his biggest present was his new BIG BOY BED!  Tate started sleeping in his new bed about a month ago.  He loves it and has slept the best he ever has.  YAY for this mom!!!  Tate's favorite part was the cupcakes...he does have a sweet tooth!  You should have seen P and T dive into the 2 inches of frosting on the top...priceless. 

Overall, we had a great weekend and the boys enjoyed all of the extra attention.  I enjoyed all of the extra help with my laundry! 

No comments: