Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Fun

We have had a busy and fun filled weekend! I have been wanting to go to the Omaha Zoo with the kids all summer. Unfortunately, it was way too hot for most of the summer for that idea to even sound fun. BUT, the weather cooled off, and since we had three days this weekend instead of two, I thought it would be a great idea. Ben was a little concerened about missing college football Saturday, but ended up agreeing to go! On the way there, we called Uncle Joey to see if he wanted to join us since he lives in Lincoln...and then called Mary to see if they would like to join us too! Mary Rose had to work and Roger was busy, but Mary was able to meet us. Meeting inside the zoo was a little crazy...but we ended up finding each other and having a great time. Our favorite exhibits were the tiger mom and her new baby, the aquarium with the sharks, and the bears. We were all very exhausted when we got home!!!

Yesterday started off kind of lazy, because we were all so tired from the zoo....I cleaned a lot of the house and started organizing closets. I think I might have a slight problem with organizing things. I start and then can't stop. Yesterday it was the boys' closets. I started taking the too small out and rearranging what was left. Then I started going through the tub in Peyton's room of too small to see if there was anything that Tate could wear this winter. Suddenly I found myself in tears because of some of Peyton's clothes. Peyton has gotten so big in the last 6 months...he is bigger physically and has grown a ton...but also mentally...he understands and talks like a big boy. Seeing his little gray sweatpants that used to be so big on him that he wore all of the time made me sad. I wish I could keep my boys little forever...I am not ready for the world to be mean to them and for them to experience life events that are less than perfect. So, when going through all of the too small clothes and the too big clothes, I made a promise to myself to really enjoy every moment we have with the kids when they are the age they are now. Soon Tate will be growing out of those same gray sweatpants...

SO...to enjoy the boys yesterday, we took them to the Mozingo Lake beach. I am SOOOOO glad I didn't try this adventure alone this summer.... They were both little sand monsters and were covered from head to toe with sand. We played in the water, built a fabulous sand castle and then rolled in the sand and buired Peyton's feet in the sand. It was a really fun afternoon...and also made me so THANKFUL that my own sandbox at home is filled with soybeans instead of sand! I can't imagine having that sand mess at our house!!!

Peyton was invited to his friend Derrick's house to play this morning. Derrick is 4, and they have the BEST time together. We had him over on Thursday night. So, this morning, Ben and I have been doing little odd jobs around the house...It is so much easier with one little boy instead of two! I really can't remember life before Tate...but no wonder I was able to keep everything together and clean so much easier!!! :)

No comments: