Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Kitty!











I am a sucker for animals....if you know me, you know that is true. As you know, we had to put my cat Ernie to sleep this summer because he had cronic urinary tract infections. I was so sad...despite the fact that he was not really the nicest cat in the whole world....and told myself I would never get a cat again. Well, that was until Friday. On Friday, one of my students brought in a kitten to share as part of our Let's Explore unit in second grade. She actually had four kittens, but the night before a cyote came and got two of them and the third one was missing. So, that left one cute little gray furball left. They lived on a farm and although they had a nice little shelter, it was not warm enough or safe for baby kittens. I could not bear the thought of this innocent little kitty going back to the farm and the mom of the student kept trying to convince me to just take it home. She did not have to twist my arm very hard or for very long and thankfully my husband agreed to try another cat. So, welcome to the family Lucy McCollum. :) Peyton has been THRILLED to have a new pet. He loves her and is learning how to hold her and pet her nicely. He sometimes wants to pick her up the wrong way or pat her just a little too hard. He has been laughing and playing with her tons and loves the fact that she likes balls too! She has been a really good kitten and has used her litter box consistently. She loves to take naps on Ben and I and purrs and purrs when we hold her. Copper has also been very nice. She hasn't gotten upset by her at all and kind of ignores her. I am very relieved as I thought it might be kind of rough on her.

No comments: